Sunday, 27 November 2016

UPDATE #2

Hello everybody,

I feel like an impostor in my own space but finding this blog again after years and years of letting it gather dust was something that excited me. In many ways, I am a different person than who I was when I started writing this. For one, I had a lot more time to dedicate to reading and reviewing. This isn't to say I don't do it now, but it's not something I can prioritize.

That upset me, so I'm taking back control. I love this blog, and I love reading back on it and seeing how excited I was about the books that I used to read, and so I'm going to do my best to keep it going again. I said this last year and failed, but in hindsight I was still struggling with my mental health a lot and don't blame myself for doing what was right, even if that meant not writing about books as much.

I currently run a YouTube channel which you can access here. I love being party of the community and I have so much fun hauling books and talking about what I've read each month. Yet I feel that with many books I don't get to go as in depth with them as I'd like, and so hopefully this blog will give me a way to look more deeply into texts that I enjoy the most. If you want to subscribe to me then I'd encourage you to, and please comment your thoughts as well because I live for book discussions.

Here is my latest video if you want to give it a watch:



At the moment, I'm at a stage in my life where books and literature are the thing I love most about life. Those of you who have followed me from the start know very well than I go through phases of obsessions and I'm currently discovering my love for the literary Brat Pack - the likes of Donna Tartt, Bret Easton Ellis and Jay McInerney. I've just finished reading American Psycho. It was fabulous. Read it now. I'm also trying to understand existentialism as pretentious as that sounds and am currently reading Fear and Trembling by Kierkergaard.

If you would like to keep up to date with me, my life, and what I read then please come back and visit my blog. I also have a Goodreads where you can see what I'm reading, a Twitter where I like to think I post witty status updates and a Tumblr where you can see me at my fangirl core.

I humbly thank you for reading, and look forward to writing more in the near future.

1 comment:

  1. As someone that obsessed with my blog, I fully support the decision to revive this blog...even if it is on blogspot (blah). I look forward to see more posts.

    ReplyDelete